- This list records all forms of producer credit: producer, executive producer, line producer, etc. Therefore, you must specify which specific task the person is credited with.
- A list of the occupations currently being used can be displayed by clicking on the gray list icon ( ) next to the occupation field.
- Commissioning editors and series editors are producing roles and should be submitted here.
- While we do not accept attributes indicating guild membership with the PGA (see here for our policy), we do allow the use of the Producers Mark "(p.g.a.)", provided the mark is credited on-screen. Note that the Producers Mark is a certification mark awarded by the PGA only for certain producers receiving the "produced by" credit in motion pictures as a means of recognition of the hard work of the producer. The Producers Mark has to be submitted as separate attribute in lowercase letters separated by periods, e.g. "(produced by) (p.g.a.)". Please see the PGA home page for more details.
- A note on "presented by": For films produced under the studio system, such credits often indicated the head of the studio and nothing more. They might, in some cases, be somewhat analogous to a modern Executive Producer credit, but should not be translated into such; they should be added to the miscellaneous crew section as "presenter".
- A note on "uncredited": For films that credit producers on the screen, we will not accept uncredited producers. Exceptions are made for older titles that do not necessarily list all producers in the credits.
- If the name appears in the on-screen credits under a Company sub-heading then they should be listed with their credited job title and the company name in the attribute field separated via a ":" (e.g. executive producer: Example Company).
You can now track the status of your Credit submission and if it has not been approved, we'll tell you the reason why.
If you are using the mobile apps, mobile website or desktop website you can access this feature via the 'Track your contribution' button, which has been added to the submission email receipt. Additionally, if you are using the desktop website, you can also use the 'Track Contribution' button now found in your contribution history page.
Clicking this button will take you to IMDb Contributor, our new contribution specific site where you will be shown the status of your request.