- This section is reserved for the composer of the main background score, not for the composers of songs used in the soundtrack nor pieces of music featured as part of the score; those should be sent to the soundtrack list.
- Typically, most movies and TV shows will have one eligible composer for this section. In the case of modern titles, this is normally the person credited in any of the following ways in the opening title sequence (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Music by
- Score by
- Music composed by
- Original score composed and conducted by
- Music composed, orchestrated and conducted by
- Other music-related credits, like sole orchestrator or conductor, belong to the music department list, as do credits for unnamed incidental music or unidentified musical cues which cannot be submitted to the soundtracks section.
You can now track the status of your Credit submission and if it has not been approved, we'll tell you the reason why.
If you are using the mobile apps, mobile website or desktop website you can access this feature via the 'Track your contribution' button, which has been added to the submission email receipt. Additionally, if you are using the desktop website, you can also use the 'Track Contribution' button now found in your contribution history page.
Clicking this button will take you to IMDb Contributor, our new contribution specific site where you will be shown the status of your request.