- This section is reserved for the composer of the main background score, not for the composers of songs used in the soundtrack nor pieces of music featured as part of the score; those should be sent to the soundtrack list.
- Typically, most movies and TV shows will have one eligible composer for this section. In the case of modern titles, this is normally the person credited in any of the following ways in the opening title sequence (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Music by
- Score by
- Music composed by
- Original score composed and conducted by
- Music composed, orchestrated and conducted by
- Other music-related credits, like sole orchestrator or conductor, belong to the music department list, as do credits for unnamed incidental music or unidentified musical cues which cannot be submitted to the soundtracks section.
Back to top