- This section is for the primary costume designer(s) only. It is normal for only one person to be credited as Costume Designer on a title (with rare exceptions).
- Credits for other costume functions should be submitted to the costume department section. (i.e. assistant costume designers, wardrobe, wardrobe assistants, seamstress, second unit costume designers etc won't be accepted in this section)
- Older films/titles: On older films there may not be a costume designer, but instead a credit for gowns or wardrobe, sometimes separately for men and women. We consider "gowns" (or "costumes") to be design functions, belonging to this list, while "wardrobe" does not imply design, and is considered "costume department."
- Specific examples:
- Costume Designer: belongs in the costume designer section, no attribute needed
- Co-costume Designer: belongs in the costume designer section, with attribute (co-costume designer)
- New York Unit Costume Designer: belongs in the costume department section, with occupation (costume designer: New York)
- Costumer: belongs in costume department, with occupation (costumer)
- Gowns: belongs in the costume designer section, with attribute (gowns)
- Costume Designer for John Doe: belongs in costume department, with occupation (costume designer: John Doe)
- Costume Design Assistant: belongs in the costume department section, with occupation (costume design assistant)
- Wardrobe: belongs in the costume department section, with occupation (wardrobe)
You can now track the status of your Credit submission and if it has not been approved, we'll tell you the reason why.
If you are using the mobile apps, mobile website or desktop website you can access this feature via the 'Track your contribution' button, which has been added to the submission email receipt. Additionally, if you are using the desktop website, you can also use the 'Track Contribution' button now found in your contribution history page.
Clicking this button will take you to IMDb Contributor, our new contribution specific site where you will be shown the status of your request.