- The music department list includes all music jobs not already covered by the composer or soundtrack lists, and should include the following:
- Music contractors
- Additional Composers
- All credits related to recording and mixing music.
- Any music-related credits except composer (songs by, lyricist, singer, musician, arranger, song or music producer, etc.) that do not appear with a specific song or music title.
- If a title is present, the credit should be:
- Added (only) to the soundtrack list instead.
- A name may also appear in the soundtrack listing, but to qualify for the music department list there must be at least one credit with no song or music title.
- Generally speaking, people listed only in the soundtrack section should not also be included in this list. If they are listed in the main crew section:
- Vocalists are referred to as "singers";
- Musicians are referred to as "musician: instrument" (e.g., "musician: piano") rather than with specialized words like "pianist" or "guitarist".
- A list of the occupations currently being used can be displayed by clicking on the gray list icon ( ) next to the occupation field. Remember job titles reflect the person, not the task, so, for example, "lyricist" rather than "lyrics".
Back to top