A NewsDesk Partner sends IMDb their RSS 2.0 feed containing their site or publication's articles. IMDb publishes an excerpt of each article from the feeds. IMDb removes the HTML, performs smart, relevant linking with our names and titles on IMDb, and publishes the headlines and the content of the excerpts on the linked IMDb pages.
The benefits of becoming a NewsDesk Partner are:
· Your article headlines can appear on the relevant people and title pages on IMDb
· Your articles appear on the News page for that person, character, or title
· Your article remains as a permalink on the site
· Each of these instances will have a link back to your homepage or the relevant article
· Your logo will appear on the NewsDesk Partner page and permalink page
· An incredible opportunity to deep-link across large tracts of our site getting your articles in front of exactly the right audience
We are not accepting applications for additional content providers at this time. If we begin accepting applications in the future, we will post it to the site, so please check back for further updates. We appreciate your interest.
Here's what you will need to do: send us your RSS 2.0 or Atom feed with the standard feed elements -- headlines (title), timestamp (pubDate), Partner name (channel), the article (description), and the referral link back to the full article (link). We also ask that you include at least 150 words (can be longer) in the article. We are hoping for several articles per day from Partners, but don't worry, we are also interested in more relevant, timely stories than just a flurry of pieces.
The only catch, if you want to call it that, is that we retain the right to continue to publish the text from articles we've received even if our associations ends. We do this so that our users can still find the article excerpt they read, particularly if they've sent that link to a friend, bookmarked it, etc. We will continue to link to you from the article in the manner mentioned previously. For more details, please read the NewsDesk Terms and Conditions. All NewsDesk Partners need to agree to the NewsDesk Terms and Conditions.
We will not publish stories with a word count lower than 60 words, and an association with a Partner who was providing less than the requested word count would be less than ideal and may be discontinued.