How to add yourself to IMDb
Have you worked on a movie? How about a TV or web series? If so, you’re probably eligible for an IMDb page. Follow these steps to add yourself...
- Make sure you aren't already listed. We have many millions of credits in the database, so unless you've just started your career or worked only on a very recent film, it's likely that one of your credits is already listed (maybe under a different spelling of your name). All pages on IMDb feature a search box at the top of the page. Just enter your name and click ‘Go’.
- Make sure we list the movie/show you worked on: All pages on IMDb feature a search box at the top of the page. Just enter the title of the movie/show and click ‘Go’. If we don’t list it yet, add it through our New Title Submission Form, then you can add yourself to it once it’s on IMDb.
- Once the title is on IMDb, go to the page, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Edit Page’.
- Find the department you worked in under the heading ‘Cast and Crew’. Select the appropriate action (No change, Correct/Delete, or Add n credits) from the drop-down menu next to that department, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Continue’.
- You will be presented with a form, which may include some of the following boxes:
- Enter your first and second name in that order.
- If you were a member of the cast, you will need to select whether you’re an actor or actress from the buttons just underneath.
- Hit return or click ‘Check these updates’. You may be presented with a list of people with the same name. Check none of these are you, even if you’ve already done your own search.
- If you’re absolutely sure you’re not listed yet, select either ‘This is a different person not currently listed - create …’ or ‘I am not sure - submit it as ... and let IMDb staff decide.’.
- Character (cast only) If you were a member of the cast (not the crew), you will need to enter a character name. In most cases, we want the character name exactly as it appeared on the screen in the credits. There are a few exceptions to this rule, so please see our guide for more info.
- Occupation (crew only) If you were a member of the crew (not the cast), you will need to enter what your specific occupation was with regard to this production. The most common occupations within this department will be listed in the drop-down menu. If your occupation isn’t in the menu then select ‘Other’ and enter it yourself in the box underneath. If you’re entering the occupation yourself, then it’s especially important that you read our guide.
- Attribute (if applicable) Most filmography additions will have a box marked ‘attribute’. This box is used to provide additional details about the credit. For example (this is the most common usage) if you worked on a film but your name did not appear in the on-screen credits, you need to put (uncredited) in the attribute box. The attribute box is not the place to include extra information like the name of the film's director, or the fact that the TV movie for which you're adding the credit was a pilot, or anything else. If in doubt, leave this box blank. See here for more information.
- Order (if applicable) This is the order in which your name appeared on the screen in the credits, relevant to the other credited people. This is not the order you want this credit to be on your filmography. If you weren’t listed in the on-screen credits then don’t enter an order number, just make sure you’ve put (uncredited) in the attribute box. See here for more information.
- When you've entered all the information, go to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Check these updates’ button to proceed to the next step.
- If you’ve entered everything correctly, your data will be ready to submit and you’ll see the ‘Submit these updates’ button at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, errors will be highlighted and the form will ask you to correct them before letting you proceed. If you need to correct anything, just follow the on-screen instructions and correct your submission or supply the missing data and click on ‘Re-check these updates’ to try again.
- To display a detailed list of the changes you're about to send, click ‘Click to see full summary’.
- To complete your update, click ‘Submit these updates’ and your changes will be sent to the IMDb Data Editors for checking. You will also receive an email confirmation of your submission.