Connect with other industry professionals, build your ideal professional profile, find new projects, and conduct research so you can be prepared for your next gig.
Contact information: Quickly look up and contact people you want to work with. If you already have representation, be sure to add your rep information, so that other industry professionals can get in touch with you. If you don’t have a rep yet, you can add your direct contact information so you don’t miss any opportunities.
- Pro Tips:
- Connect: IMDbPro helps you connect with representation and contact information for over 300,000 industry professionals (this information is not available on IMDb.com).
- Keep your contact information up to date: Tens of thousands of industry decision makers (including producers, filmmakers and crew department heads use IMDbPro every day to discover, research and contact crew -- maintaining updated contact and representation information is critical for your career.
- Share your IMDbPro page with non-IMDbPro members: Easily share your page with others, including non-IMDbPro members, so you can show your complete resume and other details to people you want to work with. Click on the Share link at the top right of your page to share it.
Find your next project: As an IMDbPro member, you get the most up-to-date details and information for titles in all stages of production. This includes projects in-development, pre-production, production, and post-production status with extra information not available on IMDb.com -- a good starting point to find your next project.
- Pro Tips:
- Track projects: Use the Track feature to receive notifications for news about titles or people you are tracking. You can also follow titles from the moment they are announced by adding them to a list. Throughout the project’s lifecycle, you can track the MOVIEmeter, budget, and box office gross from the title page and on sister site Box Office Mojo.
- Find the team: Established filmmakers tend to work with the same team once they find a winning combination. If an in-development title doesn't have the complete details listed yet, look through the filmmaker filmographies to identify people they may have consistently worked with on previous projects and try connecting with them.
- Connect: Use the “Network” tab and “People in common” feature when viewing someone else’s IMDbPro page, to find common connections with other industry professionals and expand your network, to set yourself up for future opportunities. This is an indispensable tool that leverages IMDb’s extensive database of linked people and projects to help you network throughout your career.
Get started by exploring these title listings:
Manage your IMDb page: Claim your IMDb page, or create a new page if you don’t have one yet. Your page can be claimed during the initial sign up process, or by clicking on your name in the upper-right corner at any time. By claiming your page, you will be able to manage your page via IMDbPro-only features, including uploading images, and setting the primary image for your page. Once your page is claimed, update your resume.
- Pro Tips:
- Add images: Having images on your page increases the time people spend on your page, so this is key for everyone behind the camera as well as on screen talent.
- Complete your profile to stand out: Highlight the key information about your work that makes you stand out in the entertainment industry to a vast network of industry professionals. By claiming your page, you have the ability to manage:
- Primary and Featured Images
- “Known For” credits
Decision makers use this information when they search or look up people on IMDbPro. Make your page as complete as possible, so you can be discovered on the world’s #1 entertainment site.
Select your “Known For” credits: Select and showcase the credits for the projects you would like to prominently feature. This may include work that you feel your fans and others in the entertainment industry know you best for, projects that you are most proud of, or your most relevant/recent work. Updates go live within 24 hours and you can change your selection as often as you like.
- Pro Tip: Your “Known For” credits provide people who view your page an at-a-glance reference so they can easily see what you have worked on. The credits are displayed in several places across the IMDb sites and products including search results, STARmeter lists, and your page across IMDb, IMDbPro, and Prime Video.
STARmeter: As an IMDbPro member you get advanced insights and analysis for meter details, which include rank movement and tracking over time. You can find these details in an easy-to-use chart format that can be filtered based on month, year, frequency, scale, and release events.
- Pro Tip: You can use these insights to help gain representation, market yourself, and research others.
Industry research: IMDbPro is the most complete entertainment resource with millions of data points added on a daily basis. As a member, you get access to the most up-to-date details and information for filmmakers, crew, cast, entertainment companies and employees, release details, filming locations, technical specs, box office data, industry news, media, and titles in all stages of production, including projects in pre-production, production, and post-production status with extra information not available on IMDb.com.
- Pro Tips:
- Use these data points: To prepare for a meeting, identify upcoming opportunities, study filmographies for established talent, seek representation. Visit our sister site Box Office Mojo for additional industry leading box office reporting.
- Do you wear multiple hats as Crew member, Writer, and/or Filmmaker? If so, here are some ways you can benefit from IMDb’s products and connected companies:
- Indie filmmaker? Join the independent filmmaking community for free and be discovered on Withoutabox, where you can submit your project to the world’s leading film festivals. Sundance, TIFF, SIFF, and other world renowned festivals use Withoutabox as their first source to discover talented indie filmmakers.
- Ready to distribute? Via Withoutabox, you can post to IMDb and publish through Prime Video Direct. Create IMDb title pages in just one step using existing information from your Withoutabox project. Make your film available through Prime Video Direct in the U.S. and other locations - on all supported devices - Fire TV, phones, tablets, game consoles, Smart TVs and from the Web. Prime Video Direct is helping content creators and visual storytellers reach millions of Prime Video customers.
- Voice talent? Head over to Audible’s ACX to pick up narrator jobs for audiobooks. Through ACX, you can find an unlimited number of potential acting gigs, and the audiobooks you produce will be available on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes. Don’t forget to add your narrator credits to your resume!
- Author? Self-publish eBooks and paperbacks for free with Kindle Direct Publishing, and reach millions of readers on Amazon.
24/7 Customer Service: Your IMDbPro membership includes email support. Our Customer Service team responds to most queries within 24 hours, 7 days/week (excluding holidays).
If you have further questions about making the most out of your IMDbPro membership, please visit the Contact Us page
while logged into your IMDbPro account and select IMDbPro member questions > Claim your IMDb page (if you are logged out of your IMDbPro account, please select IMDbPro member questions > Sign up to IMDbPro > Membership benefits & Pro tips),
then select "Email" and let us know how we can help.