- How do I upload a demo reel to my IMDb page?
- Can I remove my demo reel?
- What video formats do you accept?
- Do you support 16:9/widescreen format? Or do I have to reformat to letterbox 4:3 before uploading?
- Can I upload a trailer/clip and link it to my film instead of just to my IMDb page?
- Someone else already claimed my name, can I upload a demo reel to that IMDb page?
- Can I change the order of videos/demo reels on my page so that a specific reel appears first?
- What happens to my demo reel if I cancel my membership?
- My demo reels contains clips from movies. Do I need to get permission from the director?
- Can I have audio-only demo reels instead of video?
1. Select the "Your Page" link in the navigation bar to navigate to your IMDbPro page
2. Under your primary image, select "+ Add" to the right of "Video", which will direct you to the video upload page
3. Click "Browse" and select your video, ensuring it fits within the Recommended Video Settings
4. Add the Video Title and select the Maturity Level of the video
5. Once this required information has been provided, click the yellow "Upload" button to begin uploading your demo reel
It may take up to 24 hours for the video to appear on your page. Your demo reel will be visible on both IMDb and IMDbPro across all devices. IMDbPro members can upload an unlimited number of demo reels to their IMDb page. To edit or remove demo reels you previously uploaded, please go to Your Videos page.
This page will show all video content that has been uploaded via your IMDb account. To delete your video, click "Delete" to the right of the demo reel and click "Delete" in the pop up window to confirm the change. The video should be removed from your page within 24 hours.
If the demo reel does not appear on the "Your Videos" page, it means it was added with a previous account and can't be removed on your end.
For more assistance, please visit our Contact Us page while logged into your IMDbPro account and select IMDbPro member > Claim your IMDb Page (if you are logged out of your IMDbPro account, please select IMDbPro member > Membership Benefits & Pro tips), then select "Email" and let us know how we can help.
For more information on how to get the most of your IMDbPro membership, please see our Pro Tips.
We recommend the following settings to optimize video quality on the IMDb site:
Depending on the software you're using, some of these options may only be available under the "advanced" settings.
These are recommendations -- other formats may work. If you have video that has already been compressed to another format, you may want to try uploading it as-is before re-encoding to these formats.
Both 16:9 and 4:3 formats are supported. For HD video, we suggest the 16:9 widescreen format for the best quality at 720p and 480p. Note that 16:9 video will be letterboxed when shown in the lower-resolution "standard" view.
At present, demo reels can only be linked to the IMDb page you have claimed through the IMDbPro membership. Demo reels uploaded by an IMDbPro account will show up as related video on the IMDb page associated with that Pro account.
Only an IMDbPro membership that has claimed a page may add demo reels to that page. If a representative has claimed your page on your behalf, they will need to upload the video using the IMDbPro membership they used to claim your IMDb page.
You can designate a primary demo reel that will be shown first in the list of related videos on your IMDb page. To designate your primary demo reel, upload more than one demo reel, then select the "Set as Primary Demo Reel" on the Your Videos page.
Any demo reels that you've uploaded will be removed from the site when you cancel your membership. Note that any videos in which you are tagged (trailers, clips, interviews, etc.) will continue to be displayed on the site even after you’ve cancelled. If you renew your IMDbPro membership in the future, your previously uploaded demo reels will be restored to your page within 24 hours.
For additional info, please see: What happens when I cancel my IMDbPro membership?
At present, only video demo reels can be uploaded. If you have an audio-only reel such as a voiceover demo, we suggest creating a video clip that uses that reel as the associated audio, and an appropriate title or image as the video.