User review guidelines
The minimum length for reviews is 600 characters to ensure the most value to our users. Reviews which are padded with junk text will be discarded.
What to include:
IMDb is pleased to provide this forum for you to air your opinions on your favorite (or not-so-favorite) movies and TV-series.
Your reviews should focus on the title's content and context. The best
reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a movie or TV-series,
but also why. Feel free to mention other titles you consider similar and how
this one rates in comparison to them.
Reviews that are not specific to the
title will not be posted on our site. Please write in English only and note
that we do not support any mark-up (HTML, XML etc.) within the reviews apart from linking names and titles.
What not to include:
Resist the temptation to review on other reviews or features visible on the
page. This information (and its position on the page) is subject to change
without notice. A review form is not an appropriate place to tell us there are
errors in the database. If you'd like to tell us about a specific problem,
please click the 'Edit page' button near the bottom of the title page.
Also, please do not include the following:
- Time-sensitive material (i.e. mentions of events, promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc.)
- Avoid unannounced Spoilers! Please don't reveal crucial plot elements, if you include spoilers without warning readers in advance, your review may be subject to removal. To label a spoiler make sure you check the ‘contains spoilers’ checkbox. Also, please never include spoilers in your review header as this is always visible
- Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs, email addresses, links to Twitter or Facebook pages etc.
- Availability, price, or ordering/shipping information.
- Advertising, promotions or solicitations of any kind
- Writing in ALL-CAPS!
Any review in violation of these guidelines will not be posted or may be
edited to conform to the guidelines. In addition, IMDb reserves the right not
to post any review for any reason.
You can now sort by Review Rating on title/reviews and
user/reviews pages as well as Review Date, Total Votes and Prolific Reviewer . For example, if you go to the title page user reviews section you can choose the Sort option "Review Rating" and see all reviews that
include a rating of 10, 9, etc. You can also sort in the opposite direction by clicking the arrow and
see reviews that include a rating of 1, 2 etc. Unrated reviews always appear at
submitted reviews become the licensed property of IMDb as set forth in our
submission must be your own original work.
- You may only have one published user review per title.
write in English only. HTML is not supported though paragraph breaks will
be inserted if you leave a blank line between paragraphs.
- The maximum length for a user review is 10,000 characters.
Frequently asked questions: