1) What are “Known For” credits and where are they displayed?
The “Known For” credits are the films and shows that a person is best known for. This provides people who view your page an at-a-glance reference so they can easily see what you have worked on. The credits are displayed in several places across the IMDb ecosystem including search results, STARmeter lists, and your page across IMDb, IMDbPro, and Amazon X-Ray for Movies and TV Shows.
2) How should I select my “Known For” credits?
While it’s completely up to you, we recommend selecting credits for the projects you would like to prominently feature. This may include work that you feel your fans and others in the entertainment industry know you best for, projects that you are most proud of, your most relevant or recent work.
3) What credits are eligible for “Known For”?
Verified credits displayed in your filmography are eligible for the “Known For” section of your page. To learn more about what credits are eligible to submit to IMDb and how to submit them, click here.
4) How are “Known For” credits determined if I don’t edit them?
For an overview of how the “Known For” credits are determined, click here.
5) How can I change my “Known For” credits?
Go directly to your "Known For" control page, or select the edit pen icon on your claimed page, shown on the right of your "Known For" section, and choose the credits you want displayed in your “Known For” section. If you would like to select fewer than four “Known For” credits, you can choose the “leave blank” option.
6) When will my preferred “Known For” credits be displayed?
In most cases, your page will be updated within 24 hours, but the credits that you select are still subject to IMDb editorial updates.
7) Can I select all of the “Known For” credits?
Yes, there is currently a maximum of four credits that you can select, and they will display in that order. Note that in some places, only the first “Known For” credit is displayed (e.g.: when using search functionalities).
8) Can I choose to have fewer than four “Known For” credits?
Yes, you can choose to have between one and four “Known For” credits.
9) Do I have to claim a page to manage “Known For” credits?
Yes, you need to have claimed your page and to have one or more IMDb verified credits.
10) What happens to my preferred “Known For” credits if I cancel my IMDbPro membership?
If you cancel your membership, the system-generated “Known For” credits will be displayed on your page. If you renew your IMDbPro membership, within 12 months of cancellation, your last saved “Known For” credit selections will be displayed.
11) What happens if a credit I have on IMDb and have selected for my “Known For” section is removed?
We will move up the next “Known For” credits that you selected and leave blanks in any slots that don’t have one of your selections. However, because at least one credit is required to display “Known For”, we will revert to the automatically selected “Known For” credits if you don’t have one credit that you specified.
12) When would IMDb determine to make an override of my selection for editorial reasons?
If we determine that one or more of your selected “Known For” credits can be misread as misleading, we will use the automatically generated “Known For” credits. We will notify you if this happens, and as always, you can contact our Customer Service team.
13) Will my “Known For” changes update my Bio?
No. Known For changes will not affect the projects listed in your biography. If you’d like to update your biography, please visit our Biography Submission Guide here.
14) Why can’t I control other aspects of my profile in this way?
We will continue to listen to your feedback as we work to improve your membership to IMDbPro. Feel free to contact our Customer Service team.