When searching within IMDbPro, your search can be refined by choosing specific criteria to narrow down results, rather than using search terms. Refined search results will only populate the people, titles, or companies whose profile includes the options you've selected. The more specific the criteria, the more narrow the results will be.
To begin, use the search bar at the top of any IMDbPro page, to find a person, title, or company. If you would prefer to begin without a specific person, title, or company, simply leave the search bar blank and select ‘Search.’ You will find options to refine your search on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
The available advanced search categories and how they are defined, are:
- Profession: Based on 3 most known-for professions based on number of verified credits
- Age Range: Based on birth date rather than specified acting age range
- STARmeter: Based on STARmeter ranking
- Birthplace: Based on verified biographical data submitted with birth date (ex. not including biography text)
- Media: Headshots uploaded
- Physical Attributes: Based on information updated via performer profile
- Skills: Based on Performer Profile data (categories with stars reflect info submitted that has not been verified by IMDb)
- Employment Details: Based on Performer Profile data (categories with stars reflect info submitted that has not been verified by IMDb)
- Release Year
- Filming Location
- U.S. Gross
- Company Type
- Company Location