- How do I track a page?
- How do I untrack a page?
- How do I track myself?
- Where can I see all the pages I track?
- How can I view the titles I'm credited with and also tracking?
- What pages and types of information can I track?
- How can I untrack all of my filmography titles?
Track Notifications and Inbox
- How will I be notified for people or titles I’m tracking?
- Can I delete notifications from the Notifications Inbox?
IMDbPro Track allows you to get notifications when people or titles you track are in the news or updated. Tracked pages sync instantly across the IMDbPro app and the desktop version of IMDbPro, so you never miss out on an important update or career opportunity.
You can easily track pages by navigating to the name or title page and selecting “Track”. The page will then automatically update to “Tracking”. After tracking a page, you will receive notifications when that person or title is in the news. As of March 2019, you will also be notified when the credits for people or titles you are tracking are updated on our site.
You can untrack pages in three different ways:
1. Go to the IMDbPro page for the person or title you wish to untrack and tap or click “Tracking” to open the track options, then select "Stop tracking".
2. Go to the "Tracking" page from the navigation bar, tap or click the 3 vertical dots next to the person or title you wish to untrack and tap the "Stop tracking" option. You can also use or bookmark this link on the desktop site to reach the Tracking page: https://pro.imdb.com/tracking
3. Go to the “Inbox” page from the navigation bar or icon on desktop, tap or click the 3 vertical dots next to any article that contains a person or title you no longer wish to track. Select “Stop tracking” and the menu will automatically update to “Track”. When you untrack a person or title, articles you previously received will read "Because you tracked...", but won't be removed from the Inbox.
Some ad-blocker software can remove the track button from IMDb pages. The best way to ensure that your ad-blocking program doesn't interfere with IMDb pages is to make sure IMDb.com is added to your whitelisted sites.
If you claim your own IMDb page, you will automatically be tracking yourself and will be notified when there is an article mentioning your name from a news source included with Track. You will also be given the option to track all of the titles in your filmography, or pick and choose which of your titles you'd like to see news about.
To see all the pages you track via the app, select the "Tracking" tab from the navigation bar at the bottom of the app screen or clicking "Pages You Track" under "Your Tools" on desktop. On desktop, you can also click on the "View pages you track" link found in the Notifications Inbox. Additonally, you can use or bookmark this link on the desktop site to reach the tracking page: https://pro.imdb.com/tracking
Navigate to the "Tracking" page, then select "Titles" and finally "Your credits". You will also see a link to "View pages you track" in your Notifications Inbox on the desktop site. Any titles from your own filmography that you're currently tracking will appear here. You can also use or bookmark this link on the desktop site to reach the Tracking page: https://pro.imdb.com/tracking
Once Tracking, you will receive notifications for all news and page updates related to this person or title. Selecting the Track button again allows you to choose the items you want to track or stop tracking:
Navigate to the "Tracking" page, then select "Titles" and finally "Your credits". Select the ellipses symbol (...) next to any of the titles and select "Stop tracking all your titles". You can return to "Your credits" at any time to track all of your titles again. Please note, you will not be able to untrack your own name page. You can also use or bookmark this link on the desktop site to reach the Tracking page: https://pro.imdb.com/tracking
When people or titles you track are updated or in the news, notifications will appear in your Inbox. Using our desktop site, you can find the Notifications Inbox using the
icon at the top of the page or under "Your Tools" in the navbar. Your Inbox is found in the center of the bottom menu in the app; if you’ve opted into push notifications, you will also receive a notification that can be tapped to open the item in the IMDbPro app for more information.
No, at this time you won’t be able to delete notifications from the Inbox.
No, the Track feature is exclusive to IMDbPro members. If you would like to join, we offer a 30-day free trial for new members.
Not all news articles that mention the title or name you're tracking will appear in the Inbox. Only articles which we believe are relevant to the items you're tracking and only from Variety, Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter, and Box Office Mojo will show up there. On the other hand, news pages for people and titles will show all news articles where that person or title are mentioned anywhere in the article.
IMDbPro Track will send you notifications with news content from the leading entertainment industry news sources: Variety, Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter and Box Office Mojo. Any updates to the filmography/credits for tracked pages will also generate a notification.
New notifications will appear with a light blue background; after reading a particular article, the background will convert to white. Each notification in your Inbox will also include a note that you received the notification “Because you track…” and the name of the person or title you’re tracking.