Why do I get an error message when I try to update my email?
If you tried to update your email on the Change Email page and you
received an error message stating the "Email address is already registered to another account", it means that we
already have an account listed under that email address.
The most common explanation is that you registered twice for our site. You may have created the second account by
mistake or signed in with a different provider (i.e. Amazon, Facebook, Google, or Apple) which created a second
If you have two accounts, and would like to use the preferred email on your first account, please take the following
- Please first logout.
- Then you can login using your preferred email.
- If you don't remember the password, you can reset it by going to our Forgotten Password page. Remember to enter your
new/current valid email address.
- Once logged in, you can delete the account to free up the email. Please ensure you're logged into the correct
account, as deleting the account will permanently delete your IMDb account.
- Once you've deleted the second account, you can login using the email for the first account.
- Once logged in, you can update your email Change Email page. It should now work, since you delete
the second account and freed up the email.