As an IMDb user, you can update the following on the Email Preferences page.
IMDb Informational Emails
IMDb Subscription Emails and Newsletters
- Weekly Picks - Get the week's editor's picks directly in your inbox. Plus, get streaming guides to help build your Watchlist.
- New in Theaters - Get the week's new releases directly in your inbox. Plus, popular trailers for films to add to your Watchlist.
- Weekly Trending - Find the most popular trailers, films, TV shows, and people with this weekly email.
- Tips & Tricks - From advance search tricks, to making lists, or leaving ratings and reviews, we’ll help you get the most out of IMDb.
- Watchlisted Show on Tonight - When a show from your Watchlist is airing, we will send you a short message.
- Watchlisted Movies in Wide Release - When a movie on your Watchlist is about to release, we will send you a short message.
- IMDb Newsletter - Stay up to date on events, awards, news, and more.
- IMDb India Newsletter - Get the latest in Indian entertainment, including exclusive interviews and recommendations.
- New in Theaters - Subscribe to find out what will be released in the next week.
- Weekly Trending Subscription - Subscribe so you never miss the most popular trailers, films, TV shows, and people with this weekly email.
- Entertainment News Subscription - Subscribe to never miss the top film and TV news sent to you directly so you are always up to date.
- Weekly Pick Subscription - Subscribe to always get the week's editor's picks directly in your inbox. Plus, streaming guides for to build to your Watchlist.
If you uncheck this box, you will opt out of receiving this type of email communication from IMDb. You will still continue to receive other email communication from IMDb.
As an IMDb user, you can configure the following site settings on the Site Preferences page.
Title display country/region - allows our registered users to choose the title displayed based on the country of their choice e.g. 'France'. This preference will allow our users to have all the titles they view on www.imdb.com displayed as it was when released in France.
Contributors: Show reference view with full cast and crew - This is
an advanced, data-centric view built for our top contributors and is not
recommended for general use, as it is deliberately missing many IMDb
As part of the "Title display country" preference - our registered also users have the option to choose 'Original' title display. The Original title in the Country of Origin - which prior to the previous changes was the default on www.imdb.com.
Examples: As always, it is easier to explain this functionality with an example. Using this title.
With your "Title display country” set to 'Original' - you will see the Title Text as 'Ronde de nuit'. This was the title of this French film when it was first released in France.
With your "Title display country” set to 'US' - you will see the Title Text as 'Night Patrol' - which was the title name for the US release.
With your "Title display country" set to 'Poland' you will see the Title Text as 'Nocny patrol' - which was the title for release in Poland.
Title display language - This option is for use for countries that have more than one language – therefore allowing our registered users to choose which of the languages for that country they want displayed.
Examples: Using this title.
With your "Title display country" set to ‘Canada’ – and the "Title display language" set to ‘English’ – you will see the Title Text as ‘Bethune’.
With your "Title display country" set to ‘Canada’ – and the "Title display language" set to ‘French’ – you will see the Title Text as ‘Bethune, héros de notre temps’
Default Title Display: For users that are not logged into www.imdb.com, and as the default for our registered users who have not selected a preference - we will display the localized version of the title they are looking for based on their geo-location. Users in France will see the title as released in France.
Name page: Display acting credits separately for Movie and TV - On name pages, the default filmography view combines film and television acting credits. Checking this option will break these into separate sections such as Actor: Movie and Actor: TV.
Number of TV episodes from the same series to display - Allows you to choose how many episodes should be displayed by default when someone has worked on multiple appearances on a TV show.