Manage Your Email Subscriptions and Watchlist Notifications
We provide a number of ways to keep you updated on the entertainment world through IMDb Informational Emails and IMDb Subscription Emails and Newsletters which are found in Email Preferences.
IMDb Informational Emails include editorially curated updates ranging from what’s new and trending to tips and tricks to get the most out of your IMDb experience. IMDb Subscription Emails and Newsletters contain personalized updates based on your selection(s).
If you have shows or movies in Your Watchlist, but have not received email notifications, there are few things to check:
- Go to Email Preferences and sign-in if prompted.
Under IMDb Subscription Emails and Newsletters, check that you’ve selected Watchlisted Shows on Tonight (for shows) and/or Watchlisted Movies in Wide Release (for movies).
- Subscription emails are only sent to users that have been active on the site within the last two years. If you have not visited a page within the last two years, this may resolve the issue.
Go to Change your Details and make sure your Country / Region of Residence is selected as we’ll match your selection to the release details for movies and shows on your Watchlist.
- Make sure Do not send me informational emails is not checked (under IMDb Informational Emails).
- Movies receiving a wide release (300+ cinemas) with a release date in the next seven days are supported in the following countries: Argentina, Austria, Australia, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, India, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, and United States.
- We have TV release details for shows in over 100 countries, including those listed above for movies, and send Watchlisted Shows on Tonight updates for shows airing on the same date as the email.
Note: If you intend to add a series to Your Watchlist, but only add a single episode, you won’t receive Watchlist emails for episodes other than the one you’ve added. You’ll need to go to the series and add it to Your Watchlist.