How to effectively report problems
If you're experiencing a problem on our site, we recommend first searching our Help. If you can't find your answer, we recommend posting your question on our User Community, where both IMDb users and IMDb Staff can help answer your questions.
We recommend the following to ensure your problem is understood and promptly addressed:
- Be very specific/detailed: Explain exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred and what happened. If you received an error message on your screen, please copy and paste it in your message. If you can, post a screenshot or provide a step-by-step description of what happened. Providing these details will help us understand and help solve your problem.
- Include the URL: Always cut and paste the URL to the exact page of the site where you experienced the problem. Even if it seems redundant, the site has literally millions of pages, so including the link can help us pinpoint the problem.
- Check for similar reports: The reason why we encourage users to check the support community is not just because there might already be an answer to your question, but also because there might be similar reports from other users. When the same problem is shared by a large number of users, it's definitely more likely to be caused by something else which we can investigate and prioritize a fix.
- Try correcting the error: If the problem you noticed is with information rather than performance of a site feature, you can submit an update to our date editors. Information on IMDb can be updated directly via the 'Edit Page' button located at the bottom of almost every page on the site which contains data. If you have noticed information that is inaccurate or out of date or in need of any kind of revision, the best and fastest way to fix is to make the change yourself, instead of simply reporting it, by clicking on the 'Edit' button and submitting an update. If you need help getting started our Contributor Zone section has plenty of useful information and guides.
- Try another browser/computer: Some problems may be caused by incompatibilities with specific browsers or other software, or network issues limited to the user's location or connection. If possible, try accessing the same feature with a different browser (i.e. if you are using Firefox try Chrome).If you can try reproducing on a different computer. If the issue goes away, this means that the problem was with your browser or computer.