Can I use IMDb data in my software?
Limited non-commercial use of IMDb data is allowed, provided the following conditions are met:
- You agree to all the terms of our copyright/conditions of use statement.
Please also note that IMDb reserves the right to withdraw permission to use the data at any time at our discretion.
- The data must be taken only from the datasets made available in our Amazon S3 location (see alternative interfaces for more details and access to our Amazon S3 bucket). You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar online data gathering and extraction tools on our website. If the information/data you want is not present in our S3 dataset, it means it's not available for non-commercial usage.
- The data can only be used for personal and non-commercial use and must not be altered/republished/resold/repurposed to create any kind of online/offline database of movie information (except for individual personal use). Please refer to the copyright/license information enclosed in each file for further instructions and limitations on allowed usage.
- You must acknowledge the source of the data by including the following statement:
Information courtesy of
Used with permission.
- We reserve the right to deny any individual request for any reason.
Looking for information on licensing IMDb content for commercial use? See here