Can I use IMDb data in my software?
Limited non-commercial use of IMDb data is allowed, provided the following conditions are met:
- You agree to all the terms of our copyright/conditions of use statement.
Please also note that IMDb reserves the right to withdraw permission to use the data at any time at our discretion.
- The data must be taken only from the datasets made available (see IMDb Contributor Datasets . You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar online data gathering and extraction tools on our website. If the information/data you want is not present in our datasets, it means it's not available for non-commercial usage.
- The data can only be used for personal and non-commercial use and must not be altered/republished/resold/repurposed to create any kind of online/offline database of movie information (except for individual personal use). Please refer to the copyright/license information enclosed in each file for further instructions and limitations on allowed usage.
- You must acknowledge the source of the data by including the following statement:
Information courtesy of
Used with permission.
- We reserve the right to deny any individual request for any reason.
Looking for information on licensing IMDb content for commercial use? See here