Mini biographies are usually created and submitted by users. However, if a person does not have a specially written bio, we will automatically generate one using any other available information or credits already listed on their pages.
These short auto-generated bios usually include a person's birthdate, main known profession and main 'known for' credits, i.e.:
Martin Scorsese was born November 17, 1942 in Queens, New York City. He is a director and producer, known for Taxi Driver (1976), Goodfellas (1990) and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013).
Since these bios are generated automatically, they can't be deleted or modified, so clicking on the 'Edit Page' option and selecting the 'Biography' category will not bring up any data to update. However, they can be (and should be) replaced by a newly written bio. So, if you wish for the information picked for inclusion in one of these auto bios not to appear anymore, you simply need to submit a new bio and, once processed/approved, it will appear in place of the existing auto-generated entry.
Please see instructions on how to add a new mini-biography below :
1. Go to that person's page.
2. Click on the "Edit page" button towards the bottom.
3. Next to the "Biography" option click the drop down and select "Add 1 Item".
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Continue".
5. Input the new biography into the field, making sure it's in line with our Mini-Biography guidelines.
6. Please be sure to add an author in the "By:" field.
7. Click "Check these updates" and correct any errors you're presented with.
8. Press "Submit".
Your submission will be reviewed by an editor and if eligible approved onto the site, you can see our current processing times here.