We are experiencing a technical issue affecting Image Upload on the IMDbPro App on Android version 1.40 . Our engineering teams are working to fix this.
If you require to update your photos, please visit the Desktop Site at this time. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Check this article for more information.
IMDb lists millions of names. Though we do our best to avoid mistakes, inevitably some of these names may need to be corrected (either because they include spelling errors or because the person is now known under a different stage name).
Our general rule is to list people in the database under their most recently and/or frequently credited stage or professional name.
If you've found a person listed under a name that does not correspond to the above definition, you can submit a correction by clicking on the "Edit Page" button and then selecting the "name correction" option on the next page.
However, before attempting to correct a name it's very important to understand the criteria we use to determine a person's primary name, i.e. the name that appears at the top of their filmography.
Let's clarify what we mean by "most recently and/or frequently credited name":
Please also be aware that name changes take time to be applied, they don't appear overnight. The best case scenario is one week, but many corrections take longer (or get rejected altogether if they violate one of the above rules). You can see our current processing times here.
So, keeping all of the above in mind, how should a name correction be submitted?
1. Go to that person's page.
2. Click on the "Edit page" button towards the bottom.
3. Next to the "Name Correction" option click the drop down and select "Add Correction".
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Continue".
5. Input the new name in to the field and select if you would like to preserve your existing name on old credits.
6. Please be sure to indicate the reason for the correction in the Explanation field.
7. Click "Check these updates" and correct any errors you're presented with.
8. Press "Submit".