How are cast credits ordered? Why don't the main stars appear at the top of the cast?
Our pages attempt to display cast lists in the same order as they appeared in the most complete on-screen listing (usually the one in the end titles). This may be different than the billing on movie posters or main titles. In some movies cast members are credited in order of appearance, while in others they are listed in alphabetical order. That's why sometimes movie stars or important characters may appear way down in the listing instead of at the top.
See for example the placement of the following stars in these films:
This is normal and will not be changed.
Keeping the above in mind, if you find a problem with the cast ordering on one of our entries, the appropriate procedure to submit a fix is as follows:
- go to the title page of the movie for which you want to correct cast order data
- Scroll down to the bottom of the movie details page and you'll see an "Edit page" button. Click on it.
- On the Updating Information page that will come up, scroll down to the "Cast" option and select "Correct/Delete" from the drop down menu. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the button marked "Continue".
- You'll get a full listing of all cast credits along with their order numbers. Choose "Correct" next to each cast credit you want to change and click on "Check these updates"
- You can add or change the billing order by altering the number in the "Order" field at the end of each credit. When you're done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Check these updates" button.
- On the following screen, just hit "Submit these updates" and your submission will be sent to our editors.